Time and venue
October Friday 4th to Saturday 5th 2019. There will be full programme in English.
On Sunday October 6th there is Finnish Cyclists’ Federation Annual General Meeting. This event is just in Finnish.
Main venue: A-Grid, Otakaari 5, Espoo.
Espoo is a sub-urb of Helsinki and the venue is just few metro stops or 35 minutes bike ride away from Helsinki city center.
Tickets & enrollment
Register here. Registration is open until September 24 th midnight.
Ticket options: Early Bird price before August 15th / Normal price for enrollments beginning August 16th
- Normal ticket 100 € / 130 €
- Members of Finnish Cyclists’ Federation and European Cyclists’ Federation 45 € / 60 €
- Limited amount of students tickets are sponsored by Sweco
- Speakers get in for free
All types of tickets are valid for both Friday and Saturday. We do not sell tickets for individual days. Tickets include programme, snacks and coffee. Tickets do not include meals or accomodation.
We recommend that you travel by land or compensate your flight’s emissions.
Low emission ways to get to Finland:
- From Western Europe: travel by train to Stockholm and take Viking Grace ferry to Turku. Viking Grace is LNG and wind rotor powered ship. From Turku take a train to Helsinki or bus to Espoo (Leppäsolmu or Karhusaari stops are the closest ones). You can also take a ferry straight from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- From Russia: by train or bus to Helsinki. There is night train from Moscow and high-speed train from St. Petersburg.
- From the Baltics: by bus or train (very slow in Estonia) to Tallinn and from there by ferry to Helsinki.
Transport connections from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport:
- Finnair City Bus or by train: the Ring Rail Line to Helsinki centre. From the centre take the metro to the Aalto University station. (about 1 hour and price 4,60 €). For timetables and mapping out your entire journey, see https://www.hsl.fi/en.
- Taxi to Otaniemi (20 – 30 min and price around 50 €)
- Airport taxi to Otaniemi (price about 30 €); takes several passengers to the desired address and is somewhat slower than normal taxi.
We strongly advice you to try out the World’s most popular bike-share system, i.e. Alepa-bikes. Register here to get your bike. The closest bike-share station is just next to the A-Grid venue and it’s called ”Sähkömies”. You can also use the bike-share bikes on the excursions that are part of the programme.
Routeplanner helps you with bike trips.
Public transit in Espoo and Helsinki region
- Closest metro station to the venue is Aalto University station.
- See routeplanner for more information.
VeloFinland does not organize accomodation, so you have to take care of it yourself. Closests hotels to the venue are Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, Radisson Blu Espoo and Hanaholmen. Forenom rents apartments in Otaniemi and Leppävaara. More information about accomodation in Espoo. You can also book your accomodation from Helsinki.
Food and drink
For more information:
Matti Koistinen, Executive Director
044 2795 588