Time and venue
September 30th and October 1st 2022.
There will be full programme track in English in VeloFinland.
We recommend that you travel by land or compensate your flight’s emissions.
Low emission ways to get to Finland:
- From Western Europe via Southern Finland: Travel by train to Stockholm and take ferry to Turku. From Turku take a train to Oulu. There is also night trains from the Turku Harbour to Oulu running daily.
- From Western Europe through Sweden: Travel by (night) train from Stockholm to Boden or Umeå and continue from there by train or bus to Haparanda / Tornio and there on by bus to Oulu. There is no rail connection between Finland and Sweden.
- From Russia: by train or bus to Helsinki or Tikkurila and from there to Oulu. There is high-speed train connection from St. Petersburg to Helsinki.
- From the Baltics: by bus or train to Tallinn and from there by ferry to Helsinki and continue by rail to Oulu.
Flight connections to Oulu:
- There are several flights daily between Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Oulu airport.
- Helsinki offers the best connctions to different cities in Europe, but also Tampere and Rovaniemi have connections to some cities around Europe. From Tampere or Rovaniemi you have to continue by train or bus to Oulu.
From the Oulu railway and busstation there is about 1,5 km’s to the venue.
Train tickets and timetables: www.vr.fi
Bus tickets and timetables: www.matkahuolto.fi
From the Oulu travel planner you’ll find the local busses and cycling routes.
There is a possibility to use Donkey Republic’s bikes on the tours part of the programme. You can use the bikes free of charge with code VELOFINLAND2022, but you need to install the Donkey Republic app to your phone to use the bikes.
To use bikes as smooth as possible, follow these instructions:
2. Register by adding your email, phone number and your payment card. Use code VELOFINLAND2022 to get free rides. Even though your rides during VeloFinland are free of charge, the app will need you to add your payment details.
3. Do the identification asked by the app.
Food and drink
We serve coffee at the venue.
For more information
+358 44 279 5588
+358 50 911 1295