Time and venue
September 30th and October 1st 2022. There will be also some guided cycling tour on Sunday October 2nd.
There will be full programme track in English in VeloFinland.
Main Venue: Hotel Lasaretti, Kasarmintie 13 b, Oulu, Finland.
Registration opens in May 2022.
We recommend that you travel by land or compensate your flight’s emissions.
Low emission ways to get to Finland:
- From Western Europe via Southern Finland: Travel by train to Stockholm and take ferry to Turku. From Turku take a train to Oulu. There is also night trains from the Turku Harbour to Oulu running daily.
- From Western Europe through Sweden: Travel by (night) train from Stockholm to Boden or Umeå and continue from there by train or bus to Haparanda / Tornio and there on by bus to Oulu. There is no rail connection between Finland and Sweden.
- From Russia: by train or bus to Helsinki or Tikkurila and from there to Oulu. There is high-speed train connection from St. Petersburg to Helsinki.
- From the Baltics: by bus or train to Tallinn and from there by ferry to Helsinki and continue by rail to Oulu.
Flight connections to Oulu:
- There are several flights daily between Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Oulu airport.
- Helsinki offers the best connctions to different cities in Europe, but also Tampere and Rovaniemi have connections to some cities around Europe. From Tampere or Rovaniemi you have to continue by train or bus to Oulu.
Use the Perille trip planner below to plan your travel inside Finland.
From the Oulu railway and busstation there is about 1,5 km’s to the venue.
Train tickets and timetables: www.vr.fi
Bus tickets and timetables: www.matkahuolto.fi
From the Oulu travel planner you’ll find the local busses and cycling routes.
There is no bike-share service in Oulu. We’ll provide bikes for participants of bike excursions.
There are rooms reserved for VeloFinland guests at Hotel Lasaretti where the event will take place. The participation fee does NOT include accomodation.
Prices for VeloFinland guests at Lasaretti:
- Single room 108 €/ night
- Twin room 125 €/ night
Make your reservation directly to Hotel Lasaratti (firstname.lastname@example.org or p. +358 20 7574700) by August 30th.
Food and drink
We serve coffee at the venue.
For more information
+358 44 279 5588
+358 50 911 1295